Monday, July 11, 2005

Lace

Much knitting last night, mostly on the shawl. I should probably learn not to knit tricky things like lace when operating on 5 hours of sleep, but it's really addictive to watch the lace pattern grow. Also, they were showing the first Harry Potter movie on TV, and I've seen it about fifteen times and own the DVD, so dunno why I watched it on TV but it was perfect to have in the background while knitting. Oh, and a reminder to myself: that green upholstery thread you bought by accident three years ago will be perfect for a lace "lifeline," which you should do soon given that you're almost done with the first repeat.

Maybe tonight I'll be virtuous and pick up the stitches for the second sleeve of Oliver's sweater. Only problem is, it's this enormous pile of Shetland/Gotland wool, and it's 93 here today, and even though we have air conditioning it takes a while to cool down the house after I get home from work. But I'm still going to try. Maybe if I have some ice cream first...

Later: I made a new knitting bag! It's cotton with fusible interfacing and sky-blue rayon lining, and navy grosgrain ribbon trim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home