Monday, July 18, 2005

"I do love knitting patterns."

Well, I got some knitting done at Stitch&Bitch, but mostly I played with Gretchen's adorable daughter Edith (age 10 weeks). But despite that and having spent the entirety of Saturday reading HBP, the ChicKami II is now a good six inches long, I'm about to start the third repeat of the main lace pattern on the shawl, and the Skyespun sleeve is maybe 2-3 inches long. I have new resolve regarding that sweater: it WILL be finished, and soon. Unfortunately last night I was having strange twinges in my back after knitting for a while, but I suspect that's partly due to spending hours and hours on the couch holding a 600+ page book.

I also organized my small fabric stash yesterday (yay!) and was struck with inspiration for another tote bag, involving that pale green 30s calico and a darker green batik/tie-dye. Right now it's just sitting on my desk saying "Make me" but maybe I'll cut it out tonight. The problem with making bags is that I like to use fusible interfacing, which means dragging out the iron and ironing board. Someday I'll have more space to work with so I can leave the ironing board set up all the time (and while we're daydreaming, I'd also like a big worktable like Megan's).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home