Monday, September 19, 2005

Wit beyond measure

We're home! Yes, more travel - we went up to Boston for the weekend. It was great to spend time with good friends and visit some old haunts. I spent plenty of time (and money) at Tealuxe, and bought some great new shoes. The knitting-related content of the trip was a stop at Woolcott, where Beth found some lovely rust-colored wool for a hat and mittens, and I found several skeins of Cashsoft Aran in navy and gray... which will of course become a scarf! I won't make it as long as the movie version, or as wide, but I do like the pattern. I knit up a gauge swatch while videotaping this morning's lecture (there isn't much else to do up in the a/v booth, especially when I can't hear the lecture over the projector) and it's lovely stuff. I think I have a cashmerino problem. Speaking of which, the Bonny sweater is growing slowly but not enough to warrant a new picture.

More travel coming up next weekend, so perhaps I'll be able to do more of the shawl on the plane!

But now, time to pass out, as I'm exhausted after this afternoon: the first lab of the semester. The second section is tomorrow afternoon; let's hope my tired feet recover by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home