Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm back!

Now that we finally have a good working wireless DSL connection at home, I'm back on the web... and now I just have to find the camera, which must be around here somewhere. We've unpacked a great many boxes and the new place is really starting to feel like home. I'm still not quite used to the idea that we live here now, that when I'm driving around town I'm not just observing some random city that I'm visiting for a while. I have to actually pay attention so I remember which streets are one-way and where the post office is. It'll happen gradually and in a few months I'll wake up and realize that of course this is home.

I've been managing some knitting in between the unpacking and all the million errands of setting up house. On Wednesday I went to the local stitch & bitch and met some very nice knitters. It's a weekly event, in addition to other less-frequent knitting events, so there should be plenty of opportunities for knitting and socializing. I also made my first expedition to the local yarn store, which was as fantastic as I remember; I found the three extra skeins of Shetland Spindrift I need for the North Sea shawl, a skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot in "Lodgegrass," and 5 oz. of dreamy purple-blue merino top. The Bearfoot is already becoming a pair of Conwy socks... which I think I'll get back to right about now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Conwy is a fun pattern. I've stopped and started it twice, due purely to my own inability to pick a yarn and stick with it. What are you using?

6:43 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Conwy is such a gorgeous pattern! And it might actually fit your dainty little foot. (I've heard it runs a bit small.)

I'm glad you're back--I missed you! :-)

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home