Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Phase 1 complete

The movers have come and gone, and taken all of our stuff with them. We finished packing around midnight last night, and the truck showed up at 8 AM, so we're pretty wiped out. Now we just have to finish cleaning the apartment (I spent the afternoon hunting the mighty herds of dust buffalo) and run a few errands tomorrow, and then we'll hit the road on Friday morning!

I haven't been knitting much because I'm too tired to lift my arms. I need my elbows for scrubbing the bathtub. I packed plenty of projects and yarn for the trip, though. There's wireless internet at my parents' house, so I'll be able to post pictures of knitting progress, Yarn Barn purchases, and all the various farm animals. But first, about sixteen hours of sleep on the remarkably comfortable air mattress. Zzzzzz.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Congratulations on surviving Phase I ... have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst is over! Packing is always much worse than unpacking (except for the last 10 boxes, which usually sit unopened for 2 years, in my experience). And now you have holidays and knitting time and no packing chores...sounds pretty nice to me!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home