Thursday, December 08, 2005

Spun

First of all, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I get introspective on my birthday in the same way that people make resolutions on New Year's, and I'm really happy with where I am at this point in my life. It's nice to be able to share that with the wide world.

Today I got all sorts of things done, none of which are terribly interesting (dishes washed! new toothbrush! clean desk!). It helped that I had to come home from work quite early in order to meet the moving company appraisers, who gave us wildly differing estimates of how much stuff we have and promised to charge us lots of money. Fortunately, since we're not actually paying for it ourselves, I could be nice and relaxed after they left, and I got some spinning done! I finished the tiny bit of dreamy blue fluff, except for a bit which I saved so I can try to find more like it. Then I tried out the new spindle with the more hefty Corriedale, and... it worked like a dream. My drafting has vastly improved and I can actually spin for a while without having to stop and hold the spindle between my knees while I draft more. The Corriedale singles are an almost-consistent fingering/DK sort of weight rather than the worsted-to-bulky I was achieving before. I feel enormously accomplished.

All this means that my shopping list for the trip to Yarn Barn is growing rapidly. The Douceur et Soie for the lace wrap, maybe some yarn for one of the Folk Shawls, a mini niddy noddy to wind my small skeins, much more roving, and, most dangerously, anything that really catches my eye. Because, you know, I'll be on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home