Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Movin' out

Great news: it looks like we have an apartment in Boulder! Considering that we're planning to leave in three and a half weeks (yikes!), this is really, really good for my sanity. And it looks like a nice place: 3 bedrooms (that's a bedroom, an office, and a craft room!), 2 bathrooms, porch, back deck, yard, lots of light, fairly new kitchen with dishwasher and garbage disposal, and washer-dryer hookups. The prospect of having our own washer and dryer right there in the apartment is almost too much for me to handle. Such luxury! It's conveniently located on a quiet side street, close to downtown, a nice park, a hiking trail into the mountains, a bike path, and a major bus line. So, once I actually have a job, I won't have to drive to it.

(The bus and bike paths also run right past the yarn store. I have to send out resumes so I can get a job to support my yarn habit!)

Now, if only the Moving didn't have to be preceded by the Packing, and the Cleaning and Spackling... oh well. I can sustain myself through dismantling the apartment with thoughts of my bright, cheery new room. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's so much nicer to look forward to a big change when some of the major unknowns are settled. I hope your job search turns out as well as your apartment search did!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Happy news, indeed! It sounds like a lovely place ... it will be nice to settle into after the chaos of moving.

I hate moving, but always enjoy the Getting There.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Thanks! It's totally true that I fear big changes when nothing's settled, but as soon as I have something to plan and look forward to, I'm happy. And it does look like a great place. :)

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home