Sunday, November 27, 2005

Presents!

It's not my birthday yet, but my mother-in-law gave me early birthday and holiday presents over Thanksgiving (and chocolate cupcakes with a candle in them)! On the left we have the hand-made, specially commissioned Wool Drying Basket. As my wool is all dry at the moment, it's been pressed into immediate Wool Holding service and is doing an outstanding job in a previously cluttered corner of my desk. On the right is the antique silver thimble originally belonging to my mother-in-law's mother. It seems to be an old-fashioned strickfingerhut, but that's just a guess; if anyone knows better, please tell me! It was apparently made by "De Long," patented in 1926. Thanks again, Jean!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The basket looks really great full of yarn.

Keep us posted on the grandmother of the strickfingerhut.

Jean

6:59 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Handmade basket? Nice! I like it just fine in its current mode, as stash repository.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home