Wednesday, November 16, 2005

If you've a ready mind

It's done! I finished it on Sunday night but wanted to wait until I had a picture to post. As you can see, I'm all set for the movie tomorrow night! The scarf is warm and thick and basically perfect in every way. I took everyone's suggestion that I do another set of trapped bars (7 total), and you were all right, it's exactly the right length now, about 5'5". I'm actually happy that the weather has turned cold again, because now I have an excuse to wear it all the time.

Details:
Rowan Cashsoft Aran, #12 Navy (5 skeins) and #14 Thunder (1 skein)
Knit in the round (60 sts) on #7 Addi Turbo circs.
7 sets of trapped bars (35rows navy, 4r gray, 7r navy, 4r gray)
3.5" fringe

Now that the scarf is done, I have time to work on other projects. The rainbow socks are progressing at an amazing speed, especially because I took Quantum Tea's advice and learned the Magic Loop technique! I had tried it once before on 32" #1 Addi circs, but now I realize that it works much better with a nice 40". And now I just want to go out and buy five of them so I can knit all of my various sock yarns at once. (I have two on the needles and two in waiting.) Thanks to Quantum Tea for the encouragement and this site for the instructions!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Congratulations on finishing it just in time. Enjoy the movie (and your new knitting projects)!

8:09 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Way to go!! Looks terrific. Are you going to the movie tonight or tomorrow? Have fun!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh YAY! You're done! And in time for opening weekend, too! :-)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

HiP, HiP, HOORAY! You did it! Oh, I'm jealous ... I'm still trapped in the Endless Stockinette Tunnel, but I'm close ... hoping I can finish tonight. That's what I get for using sportweight wool.

Yours looks smashing on you ... I hope you'll post a review of the movie for us.

12:32 PM  
Blogger quantumtea said...

Awesome socks, what's the yarn? Glad you liked the technique.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

The sock yarn is Koigu KPPPM, I think it's colorway 120 or something like that. It's fantastically colorful!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home