Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Flower basketry

Last night I knit a couple of rows on the Flower Basket shawl, and tonight I knit another one. Another row. It only took an hour or so. Ah, the joys of top-down lace shawl knitting. But I think this is the Last Repeat of the pattern, so it could conceivably be done sometime in the non-infinitely-far future! I didn't take a picture because at the moment it still just looks like a big mass of white alpaca fluff, which is soft and cozy but doesn't photograph very well.

I'd keep working on it tonight, but I picked up my new glasses today and I'm still getting used to them, so I want to work on something that doesn't require so much staring at my hands. Spinning requires more energy than I have at the moment so it's back to the heel gusset on the happy rainbow socks.

Earlier today I realized that I only have about 8 weeks left at my current job, before leaving to pack up all our books and all my yarn to move to Colorado. Needless to say there was a lot of panic and profanity associated with this realization. I like my job, and I hate job-hunting (unemployment leaves a lot of time for knitting, but is bad for the yarn-buying budget), and I don't much like the new-job learning curve thing either. Maybe I should convince Oliver that his professorial salary can support both of us while I spend my days snowboarding and knitting. (The knitting is for after I break my leg snowboarding and am stuck inside all winter.)

This concludes our terribly exciting mid-week update. Stay tuned for paint drying!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been contemplating that arrangement myself (minus the snowboarding). If it works out for you, let me know your strategy! :)

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home