Friday, October 14, 2005

So much woolly goodness

New mittens! They're all done, ready for a little blocking to cure that pointy look. They're supremely warm and fuzzy and will keep my hands warm and cozy all winter.

And if that weren't enough excitement, look what was waiting for me when we came home! My KnitPicks order, containing: the Elizabeth I lace scarf pattern, a row counter, 3 skeins of Alpaca Cloud (moss, autumn, stream) and 3 skeins of Elegance (barn red, daisy, burnt orange). I was slightly skeptical about the prices at KnitPicks, and some of the color choices are a little bright for me, but this stuff is great. I can't stop squeezing the alpaca skeins - they're so fluffy, and the colors are beautiful. Enough typing - I'll go cast on a scarf and see how it knits up!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color combo of the Elegance! I just may go order myself something like that.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

It's delightfully autumnal - and it's intended for a

9:47 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

drat. It's intended for a Jayne Cobb hat! I can't make the photo link work here...

9:49 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Aaaaaa! Look at that haul! It's like your own private Rhinebeck. :-)

Very curious about the intended hat. Would that be a Fair Isle design? All the colors make me think so...

10:00 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh yeah, and the mittens--nicely done! They look cozy. :-)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Fair Isle? Not quite.
http://still-flying.net/images/themessage/index.php?image=themessage087.jpg
:)

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home