Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sicky sick

Bleah. Oliver and I are both home with a head cold. At least I managed to make it through Monday and Tuesday's labs, so now I can spend today collapsed on the couch with my preferred beverage (Celestial Seasonings Throat Soother tea).

In better news, I've done amazing amounts of mitten-knitting and also made some progress on the Ravenclaw scarf! The mittens are based on a slightly modified version of these Morehouse mittens. All I changed was the cuffs; I like ribbed mitten cuffs to keep my wrists warm.

I'm currently listening to the new album Stella Maris by trio mediaeval and it's amazing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Find the camera! I wanna see the scarf. :-)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

yes ma'am! just have to sort out the VPN to upload the pix...

12:33 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

The scarf is coming along nicely, but that mitten is the real show-stopper! Those yarns work really well together. And they look fuzzy and soft, too. Mmm!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the fuzzy look of the mittens too!
Mom

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home