Saturday, October 22, 2005

Oh, wow

Look what just arrived in the mail.
It's "Rock Creek," fingering-weight hand-painted 100% merino from Sunshine Yarns. The colors... it's sort of earth-toned, but in the way that Cedar Breaks and the Grand Canyon are earth-toned. Hints of moss-green, dusky blue, sunset purple, bronze and sandstone. And the yarn itself is soft and light and feels wonderful. Did I mention it's 440 yards? More than enough for a pair of socks, and no more expensive than Koigu.

And Dani also enclosed two cute little beaded stitch markers with the yarn, so I can keep track of my patterns! I think they might need to help out with the alpaca stream scarf, which has just been ripped and re-started for the third time due to some terrible gauge and pattern indecision. I'm now knitting "Town and Country" on #4 needles - we'll see if it sticks this time.

But for now, I'm casting on socks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those colors! Nice description of the dramatic "earth tones."

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home