Sunday, October 23, 2005

Socks, lace, and spinning

After a weekend of much knitting, I have the following to show for my efforts:

My first skein of handspun, washed and hanging up to dry. I made yarn! How freakin' cool is that?

The KPPPM sock now has a heel, or at least most of one, and the lace scarf (modeled by my computer) looks much better on these needles, so I think it's a go.

I swear I only went in to buy needles. I was just looking at the yarn. Oliver looked too. And then somehow I came out of the store with the materials for mermaid socks! I can't explain it.

The gorgeous Rock Creek is wound and a swatch of 2x2 rib has been knit on #2 DPNs. I'm trying to save it so that I only have one pair of socks on the needles at a time, but I suspect it's hopeless. Watch this space for updates on my sock-knitting self-restraint, or lack thereof.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice handspun yarn! I'm very impressed. What's it destined to become?

7:20 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Thanks! I'm not sure what it'll become - there isn't very much of it (yet), but maybe I can manage enough for a hat or a small scarf.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Mermaid socks, hmmm! Sounds promising. And that Rock Creek is to die for. SO pretty!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Do you mean Lucy Neatby's Mermaid Sock Pattern? I've been working on those for quite some time. If that's the pattern, leave me a comment on my blog and I'll tell you the problems I've had so you can avoid them.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home