Monday, October 31, 2005

New resolve

As November is nearly upon us, I've set aside all other projects to work on the two that have actual deadlines in the next month.

The scarf, which I just have to finish by the time the movie opens, is now so long that it no longer even fits in the frame! How 'bout that?

And my crafts for the Bizarre Bazaar, the annual weird art and craft fair back home. I started making little zippered bags as a way to use cool fabric, and Mom said she'd sell them for me at her table if I made enough of them. But one can only set in so many zippers before going crazy, and they cost more than any of the other materials. Finally I had the idea to convert some of the already-cut-out materials into these attractive fully-lined ribbon-handled mini tote bags. So I've been running the sewing machine a lot lately. Fortunately it's a Bernina and hasn't complained much.

Wouldn't it be cool if sewing machines had odometers on them, so you could know how many miles of seams you'd sewed?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be cool if sewing machines had odometers on them, so you could know how many miles of seams you'd sewed?

I love that idea!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Those bags are SO pretty! I bet they get snapped up like that.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Gorgeous bags ... and great progress on the scarf. They seem to go on forever, don't they, but they're worth it when they're done. (Or so I keep telling myself. I'm four bars into my second one.)

11:37 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Alex -- welcome to the Boulder SnB group! Nice to meet you -- hope to see you in person one day soon. :) Jenifer http://jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

PS -- you may want to join the yahoo group MHCKnitters as a bunch of us loca bloggers meet through that as well.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home