Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Prime

It's my birthday!

The age of the author is left as an exercise for the student.

So many wonderful knitting-related presents! The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, which is terribly useful; Folk Shawls, nearly all of which I want to make; the Yarn Harlot's latest hilarious offering, and then this:

It's a Bosworth midi spindle, in tulipwood. It is a thing of beauty and it spins forever. It even came with that scrap of dreamy blue-purple roving half-spun, so I could try it out as soon as I opened the package. It's smooth and shiny and my spinning has already vastly improved. I need more practice. I need more roving. I need another slice of chocolate cake.

8 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you! :-)

There's new yarn involved in this somehow, isn't there? After the move, if not right.this.minute?...

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello Alex and Happy Birthday!!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

There's new yarn involved in this somehow, isn't there?

Well, I did just notice that Yarn Barn, which we'll have to stop at on our way through Kansas, carries the Douceur et Soie I need for that lace wrap... and they sell fibers for spinning, too. Hmmmm.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Happy, happy! Wishing you a lovely day and lots of cake.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://primes.utm.edu/

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you must be 29 or 31 today. I doubt you're 23, because that really isn't enough time to get a graduate degree and then work for a while, which it sounds like you've been doing, and you definitely don't look 37 in that photo on your blog. I'm guessing you're 29, but I wouldn't be surprised by either.

P.S. Happy birthday! I probably should have lead with that.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Happy Birthday!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

oooooooo! What a great haul!

I bought a Bosworth spindle at Rhinebeck, but it's stuck in the stash closet, waiting patiently for the end of the Christmas knitting. Enjoy your new toy!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home