Saturday, August 12, 2006

FO: Handspun wristwarmers!

I get cold easily. Last week in spinning class, I forgot to bring a long-sleeved shirt, and after three hours of spinning in an air-conditioned room, my wrists were cold and stiff. So I came home and turned the pink-green merino into the wristwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I shortened the pattern slightly, I think, but it was an excellent use of 62 yards of yarn. They're warm and cozy, but leave my fingers free for spinning or knitting (or typing). The pattern was a piece of cake, though the thumb opening in the pattern seemed very small so I knit an extra repeat before rejoining. This is my first-ever knitted object made with my own handspun yarn! What will I do next with this awesome new power?

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh hooray!!! I'm so impressed--your own handspun, handknit project! I bet it was incredible to turn your own yarn into something useful (and beautiful, too!)

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent work! What a great experience to knit with your own spun yarn...so, is raising your own wool next? :-)

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I think the first thing I knit with my own handspun was either mittens or socks (both for my very tiny daughter!). It gives great satisfaction to know that you turned a pile of wool into a wearable, practical garment.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home