Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday is Snack Day

Everyone seems to be blogging about food today, and I'm no exception. I made chocolate-chip banana muffins yesterday, and felt that I should share the chocolate goodness with all the other bloggers out there. So, without further ado,

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 squishy mashed bananas
2 eggs
1/3 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 c flour
About half an 8-oz bag of chocolate chips

You know what to do. Mix it all up in the order given, spoon into a muffin tin (a measuring cup works well for this), and bake at 350 F for about 20-30 minutes. (For my fellow Coloradans who live above 5000', I set the oven to 345 and baked for 25 minutes.) Makes about 24 muffins. This time I happened to have mini chocolate chips on hand, and they distributed nicely throughout the muffins, but regular chips will work just as well. The best thing about these muffins is that they allow you to have chocolate for breakfast and pretend that it has nutritional value. In the words of the Doctor, "I like bananas. Bananas are good."

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

That sounds much nicer than banana bread, which is what I usually do with old bananas. I'll give this a try next time. :-)

8:24 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

ooohh chocolate banana muffins are my favorite i'm gonna have to make some of those. thanks for the recipe :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home