Monday, July 10, 2006

Oops

A whole week has gone by and I have completely failed to post. Bad blogger!

I have: not worked on my lace project at all; picked up the sleeves for the Bonny sweater again; and nearly finished the pastel ankle socks. In fact, I would have finished them, except I foolishly cast off on a #3 needle. Bad move. They barely fit over my arch, much less my heel, so I'm tinking the cast-off edge and doing it over on a #6.

I would post a picture of my new toy (mine is red, and even cooler than that picture) but wouldn't you know it, I picked it up Friday after work and of course the entire weekend has been gray and soggy. Given that this Does Not Happen in Colorado, I fear that the weather gods have it in for me. Oh well, I got a lot of sock-knitting and sports-watching done. And miraculously, the poppy and nasturtium seeds that I tossed in the yard after I'd been weeding a month ago have sprouted! Since my other nasturtiums were destroyed by the hailstorm, this is especially exciting.

That's all the news here, and since my computer is behaving badly after I made it do some very memory-intensive things this morning (just tracking the path of Saturn and its moons, that's all) I think it's time to log out and reboot. More sock pictures coming soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

So you have a gorgeous new bike, but it's too icky outside to take it for a spin? That is NOT fair, dammit. :-(

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame me. Whenever I have visitors from the East Coast, it rains. (OK, so the sample set is only 2, but so far it's a perfect record.)

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home