Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pins and needles

I'm on the Knitter's Review email list, so I read the review of the new KnitPicks needles this morning... and I think I'll be ordering some this evening. The North Sea Shawl has been languishing for a while, and while it's partially due to other-project-itis, it's largely because I'm frustrated with the needle options. I started with Addis, but the tips are too blunt for all the k2ts and such, and then I tried bamboo and plastic-coated greys, but they were too sticky for the rough Jamiesons wool that I'm using. So, a very pointy nickel-coated needle sounds like exactly what I need.

I'm hoping to take some project pictures after work today, since it's been far too long since I updated the sidebar... there's definitely progress to report!

In spinning news, I've been spinning the silk and it's wonderful, but my lovely wheel has to go to the shop this weekend. The point at which the footman attaches to the wheel is a little loose, so the footman slides back and forth on that hinge and clacks against the wheel with each turn. I really hope it's an easy repair - has anyone else had this happen?

2 Comments:

Blogger lesley said...

i recently saw a pair of addis tha thad been revamped for actual use. the woman filed them down using a metal file (down to the brass mind you) and they turned out gread i'm sure you could do this easily. holler if you want e to ask her how to do this. lesley

4:33 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Gaaaaah! Your wheel already needs a tune-up? That's very very frightening. Hope it's a very quick (and free) fix!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home