Thursday, June 08, 2006

Travels

It's been quiet here lately. O. returned from a week-long business trip on Sunday, and it's good to have him back. Now I'm off to my college reunion tomorrow; unfortunately it's supposed to be rainy, but I'm looking forward to seeing the campus, and going yarn-shopping with Beth.

I finished spinning and plying most of the dyed blue fleece from the last spinning class! It turned out amazingly well, I think, especially since I spun it just from the teased locks, without the benefit of any sort of carding or combing. I used it as an exercise in trying to spin a thicker yarn, since I have a habit of spinning thinner and thinner singles. The lack of carding meant that the colors held together, so there are bits of lavender, navy, bright blue, and dark blue all blended together. I love it. There's only about 85 yards, so I'm not sure what it will be - maybe a small scarf in a large gauge.

I'm working on the second sock, and have started spinning a second bobbin of the purple merino-silk. Unfortunately I have to return the wheel to the store next week, and mine hasn't arrived yet. Boo.

Some of my plantlets are flourishing: that's thyme, basil, parsley, some lettuce seeds I threw in just for filler, and most excitingly, three nasturtiums that sprouted from seed and are growing at about half an inch per day, as far as I can tell.

I probably won't have much time for blogging this weekend, but I'll be busy taking pictures, seeing old friends, shopping, and of course knitting - watch for updates next week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Uneeknitter said...

I love the yarn you spun! So pretty.

8:50 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh yes ... a Wellesley girl. I'm a Smithie, and always pissy when Wellesley outranks us in US News. ;-)

7:56 AM  
Blogger emily said...

your wool is bee-u-tiful!! it looks so soft and silkie and good to give a little squeeze too. might you bring it to the next event i see you at (pekoe on tuesday?)

and don't get yourself another case of bronchitius (sp?) when you fly on that airplane!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home