Thursday, May 18, 2006

Yarn!

My friend Kate has a new store, Zeitgeist Yarns, where she's selling hand-dyed sock yarn! Her colorways are beautiful, and the colors are in short stretches so they'll be more variegated than stripey, which is what I prefer. And the coolest thing is, she named a color after me. Anyone who saw my stash picture will recognize the appropriateness of the colors! She also gave me a skein so that I could knit a sample sock for her store - but I get to keep the socks, how could anyone pass up a deal like that? The yarn is a lovely range of soft gray-blues with a tiny hint of green and the occasional splash of purple. I'm making the Embossed Leaves socks from the winter IK, which I fell in love with again after seeing Lene's picture. I think they'll be gorgeous. Kate put up five skeins this morning and more will go up tonight, so check it out and get yourself some new sock yarn!

4 Comments:

Blogger lesley said...

it really is pretty sock yarn. you lucked out!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh man. SO PRETTY. I like a nice subtle colorway like that--you can do anything you want with it. (Though I really like what you have planned for it! :-)

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool! And what a beautiful colorway. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks knitted up.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock yarn is beautiful! Love the colors - it will look great with Embossed Leaves.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home