Thursday, May 11, 2006

Updates

First of all, go wish Beth a happy birthday! We've been friends for 12 years now (omg, how is that possible? we're not that old) and she was partially responsible for teaching me to knit, so I owe her a lot. :)

In spinning news, we have this: 62 yards (2 oz.) of fluffy worsted-spun pink-green merino! It's so delightfully squishy. I'm not sure what to make with it; maybe a pair of fingerless gloves, or I could buy more and make a scarf. I also started spinning the purple merino-silk I bought Sunday and I think it's exactly what I wanted for a DFS. I spun up some of the dyed blue fluff, but it's tricky; I didn't wash it very much for fear of felting it, so there's still some lanolin and dye in there, making it sticky. Spinning teased fluff is a bit of a challenge but maybe I'll try to do more tonight. The color does look really, really good.

In knitting news, I've finished the back and front of the Bonny sweater, and cast on for the sleeves last night! I'm knitting them both at the same time, which is my new favorite technique for things that are supposed to be the same length. I tried to take a picture of the rest of it but it didn't turn out very well, and it's not that exciting yet anyway, just a lot of navy blue stockinette stitch. While I was procrastinating the sleeve cast-on (not something I wanted to do on the bus), I worked on the pastel socks a little, but it's slow going. Thank goodness I have small feet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

I'm not sure I will believe that Bonny's front and back are done until you cough up some photographic evidence. Ahem! ;-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger emily said...

so.... do you have a spinning wheel? or are you crazy enough to spindle spin enough fiber to make your DFS? how are you functioning after your class? ;)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home