Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Weekend report

As I mentioned on Sunday, we had lots of exciting adventures! Supposedly there was some sort of holiday going on but it only interfered with our plans in that the pizza place was closed, so we went to the other pizza place down the street.

We went on a hike along the Towhee and Homestead Trails, where we saw not only the homestead, but also a towhee! The sand lilies and pasque flowers were blooming, as were the plum trees, so that the air around them smelled wonderful. It was a really nice hike and I'd recommend it to anyone.

After the hike, we went to the aforementioned pizza place downtown, stopped in at the bookstore for a trail map and wildflower guide, and then, well, I'm all about the chocolate-peanut-butter-swirl.

And of course, I knit: the back of the Bonny pullover is finished! I'm well into the endless rows of seed stitch on the front, and it's going well now that it's become my commuter knitting.

On Thursday we're heading out to the Big Giant Wedding (as the matron of honor calls it) and posting may be sporadic. The hotel supposedly has wireless internet, but I'll likely be too busy doing bridesminion duties to post anything. However, there will undoubtedly be lots of time spent waiting around (rehearsal, hair salon, etc) and so I'm taking plenty of knitting. I'm thinking of turning the blue-green Koigu into Pomatomus. Mostly because it's just so much fun to say, however you say it. Pomatomus!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

I will be so psyched if you start Pomatomus! I love that pattern. Probably too fancy for pick-up-put-down wedding weekend knitting, but really nice for chillin' at home. :-)

Boulder's so pretty. I really had no idea before you moved there.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Have a wonderful time!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home