Saturday, April 01, 2006

Stash!

I wasn't originally planning to participate in this blog-meme. I don't have a yarn stash to compete with the more serious collectors out there, and it required dragging all the yarn out to take its picture. But then this arrived.

Yep, it's a swift and winder, purchased for super cheap at Jo-Ann.com. I set it up as soon as it arrived yesterday afternoon and since then I've wound, um, more than twenty yarn-cakes. It's hugely gratifying to take tangled messes of yarn and turn them into tidy little bundles. So, since I had to pull all the yarn out of storage anyway, I took pictures:

The fiber stash. Back row: Ashland Bay merino, brown alpaca, gray-green llama (Kelly), undyed Corriedale. Front row: cherry-strawberry-kool-aid Corriedale, kool-aid and plain Corriedale and a little of the merino, and Ashland Bay merino-tussah.



The sock and lace yarn. Back row: Trekking, Stahl Zimba Top, teal Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, Winterberry from Sunshine Yarns, four skeins of KPPPM, the leftover Rock Creek and Bearfoot, and a tiny bit of Koigu. Front: Misti Alpaca, KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud (stream, moss, autumn).



The yarn belonging to works in progress. Back: Douceur et Soie (Wrapped in Tradition from Wrap Style), Shetland/Gotland from Shilasdair (Paloma sweater). Middle: more Paloma. Front: cashmerino (Bonny), Shetland Spindrift (North Sea shawl).



And everything else. Most of it you can actually see the labels on; yes, that's Mission Falls cotton in the front, from the sale bin; a lot of teal Rowan 4ply Botany on the right (also on sale), which may someday become socks; the top left is all cashmerino odds & ends; and actually most of this is stuff left over from other projects. But I'm sure I'll find a use for it all someday.

And that's the tour of my yarn! Thanks for stopping by. I'm going to go take pictures of the newly finished Bearfoot socks, start in on that blue Koigu, and put away all this yarn. And have some lunch. Bye!

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Your stash is really, really, really blue. ;-)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new swift and winder! I don't have a swift, but the first day I got the winder I wound balls like a fiend all day. The fun of creating yarn cakes hasn't worn off yet!

Nice stash!

2:41 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

So much blue - I love it.
Aren't the winder and swift the best?

my Stash Flash

9:49 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

haha! i found your blog through the stash flashing! i had forgoten what you said it was. happy knitting maybe i'll see you around the building this weekend! (LESLEY)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Ah the swifter & winder are the best investment to make, next to yarn & needles! Isn't it nice to have all that yarn tame & undercontrol, just begging to become fabric now? Happy knitting.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home