Monday, March 20, 2006

Swatch!

It's the World's Tiniest Swatch! Check out that shiny nickel included for scale. But this is important: this is my first finished thing knitted from my own handspun. It's this green merino/silk; I suddenly realized that I had a lot of it on the spindle and maybe I should swatch it, so I spun and plied a tiny bit and knit it up on the #1 DPNs I was using for the sock heel. It's really nice! The silk makes it a little shiny, but the wool keeps it soft.

My latest spinning inspiration is Sweetgeorgia and her handspun Lotus Blossom shawl. She just started spinning around this time last year. You can imagine what sorts of grand visions are going through my head... watch out for me at the Wool Market; I'll be the one buying out all the fiber stands.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So teeny and cute! I'm very impressed by people who can spin their own yarn. The process baffles me.

9:20 AM  
Blogger jen said...

I know, Alex ... and Sweetgeorgia has the most gorgeous photos, too, don't you think? She's really talented.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

"so I spun and plied a tiny bit and knit it up," she says casually.

Color me impressed.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home