Friday, March 03, 2006

Interplanetary knits

I'm back! I'm afraid the blog has been a bit neglected this week; three days of working full-time will do that to you. So, I'm working, and it's great! I have plenty to do, and it's all very interesting (and interplanetary, all of it; asteroids and moons and planets) and it's good to get my brain back into gear.

But... it does cut into the knitting time. However, I take the bus to and from work, and even though it's a short trip I can usually manage a few rows of a sock or wristlet. This morning it was nice and warm and I had a few minutes' wait at the bus stop, so I knit while I was standing there waiting. All of this, plus an evening of stitch & bitch on Wednesday, has yielded: two and a half beaded stars on a wristlet, and a short-row heel and an inch of leg on the Bearfoot socks! I made myself work on the wristlets a bit because I've been wearing the first pair every day to work. They keep my wrists warm while I'm doing brilliant scientific work, or more likely, swearing about unreliable FTP connections.

On Sunday there's going to be a little Oscar-watching knitting/dyeing/spinning kind of party, which promises to be all kinds of fun. For now, it's the weekend and I'm ready to get back to my sock!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I was thinking of you this week, as my daughter started research for her big Jupiter project. She's bombarding me with Fun Facts, and we're heading to the art store for project materials tomorrow. She's thinking clay, I'm thinking watercolors and/or pastels ... it will be fun to experiment.

Love the Bearfoot socks. I got my Bearfoot out of the stash yesterday, and hope to cast on very soon.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Very cool! I've been learning all about Jupiter this week too. If you need any references, drop me a line; I like the Nine Planets site:
http://www.nineplanets.org/
and there's also some good stuff at the Galileo site:
http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/galileo/jupiter/jupiter.html

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no comments on Jupiter, but those socks look great! I hope you got a nice chunk of knitting done during the Academy Awards.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've just reminded me that I don't know where my Bearfoot is! Those socks look great... What pattern are you using?

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home