Friday, February 10, 2006

And they're off!

I have everything I need for the Knitting Olympics: yarn (newly wound by hand into center-pull balls!), needles, pattern, swatch, tea, a TiVo scheduled to record lots of skiing, and a fresh batch of chocolate-chip cookies. I even had a good warm-up this morning, shoveling snow off our porch and sidewalk. And I'm wearing my lucky socks, the first pair I ever made (purple worsted wool with a simple lace pattern). But I'm afraid you'll all have to wait to see my project, because it's a surprise!

Good luck to all knitters! Spectators, enjoy watching the spectacle of all of us working like crazy for the next two weeks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Good luck!!

PS - Send cookies! Chocolate chip - my favorite!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Go go go go go go!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home