Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Stitching and bitching

A little knitting activism:
My local stitch & bitch group was one of the many that received an order from Yahoo! Groups to change the name of our message board due to an alleged trademark violation. If you click on the button you can read all about the nasty company that claims to have trademarked "Stitch & Bitch" and has been making a fool of itself over the whole situation. We went ahead and changed the name to "snb" - we all know what it means.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am dumbstruck by the idiocy and immaturity of SFSE in this whole debacle. I understand protecting your copyrights, but their behavior has lost all my sympathy. Unbelievable. I'm right there in the boycott with you.

5:38 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Right on, Alex! And I've of course seen your blog before, but I just didn't match you to it. Of course, I'm not sure if we've met?! Maybe one day at an snb!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Our name was TCSnB and we got deleted... now we're TCKnit or something like that.

*sigh*

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home