Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pretty

The first beaded wrist warmer is done!


There's only one problem...

Yeah, kitchener stitch in garter stitch, my first attempt, not so good. Somehow it's a few stitches off, which means the bead pattern doesn't line up. So, time to pick it out and try again. I only did five repeats of the pattern instead of the six called for by the pattern; it fits my narrow wrist nicely, and the garter stitch is stretchy enough to fit over my hand.

Oh, and it's nice and toasty!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous! I've never done GS kichener, so you're one up on me however it turned out.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Thanks! I used the instructions here:
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/tips/graft.htm
It's not perfect but I think I know how to fix it for the next wristlet, so I'll post the results here eventually.

7:53 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Very beautiful! Good luck re-kitchenering.

8:37 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh -- I love it. Kudos!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

The cuff is beautiful ... and I'm like you, I'd have to rip that kichener and do it again. The cuff is too pretty not to.

Between your cuffs and Grumperina's pretty hat, I want to knit with beads now.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh my goodness. Look at that gorgeous beaded knitting! Respect is due!

Re the kitchener--how about taking it out, folding the cuff "inside out" and doing a three-needle bindoff instead? The "seam" would be on the wrong side, so you wouldn't see it. Though if you'd rather see the seam than feel it (it might be annoying to feel a seam against your wrist) you could do the bind-off on the right side. I am really seriously grafting-impaired so that's probably what I would end up doing.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really a lovely wristwarmer. Good luck getting the finishing just right.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home