Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Pictures

   New pictures are up: the Rock Creek/Elfine socks, North Sea shawl, and Misty Garden scarf (which, being a very easy pattern, is getting a lot of my attention during stitch&bitch events). I also got carried away with the excellent natural light in our window seat and took pix of my new sock yarns: Trekking XXL, Mountain Colors Bearfoot, and Koigu KPPPM. So pretty.

You may not have noticed that I switched the Elfine socks from Magic Loop on #1.5 Addi Turbos to good old bamboo DPNs, but I did. I have learned something: I grip the left needle pretty firmly with my pinky finger, and it gets sore quickly when it has to deal with inflexible tiny metal needles. The bamboo is much better for it, and it's a lot better for working decreases too, possibly because it's less slippery and maybe a little more pointy. So much for my flirtation with Magic Loop, unless I find a set of 40" #1 bamboo circulars at the store.

5 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Thanks for posting your pinkie issue. Mine hurts too, and I've been wondering why. Your WIPs look great!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

I really like your Elfine socks. The color is to die for!

8:10 AM  
Blogger amy! said...

I've done Magic Loop with much smaller circs. 36 and 32 is pretty common for me. A single sock I could probably do on a 24. Probably.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, lovely photo of the Misty Garden Scarf with the flower. That's a lovely pattern. The socks also look great!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love thos Elfin socks. I have th apattern all printed out and ready to knit, just got to finish off a few pairs already on the needles :-)

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home