Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's a good day

I slept until 10, had breakfast, put on my sneakers and headed out for a little hike. Apologies for the poor picture quality; it was taken with my cellphone since I didn't want to haul the camera along. I walked the four blocks from our house to the Dakota Trail trailhead, and spent about 45 minutes walking up over the Dakota Ridge and along the Sanitas Valley. It was beautiful, I got some exercise, and I'm going to do it again in a couple days. (Have to give my knee time to recover.)

After I got home and had a shower I had some very tasty pad thai at Noodles & Co., just down the street, and now I'm home for the afternoon and trying to decide if I should make cookies or just hang out, watch Pride & Prejudice, and knit. I suspect the latter is going to win, given my lack of energy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Pad Thai just down the street?!? Lucky duck.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth? Swoon!

You're making me want to pick up and move to a new place so I can explore and get to know a new area. (I think I've said the equivalent of this in my last 10 comments to your blog -- I can't help it, I guess I'm craving newness!) Sounds like you found yourself a great spot.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

I know what to do about the cell-photo thing. Before you upload it to Blogger, first open the photo wth whatever graphics application you've got (I use GraphicConverter) and save it. You don't have to format it or anything; just saving as a jpg will do. Then upload, and you're golden. I have no idea why you have to do this, but it does work.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home