Monday, January 09, 2006

New knitting spot

I'm a bit late for the "photograph your knitting space" meme, but now that I have it all cleaned up and most of the boxes are gone, I thought I'd show off my wonderful new craft room. First, we have the view from the door: the couch is a futon, so this is also the guest room. The corner of the couch is right next to the radiator and it's nice and warm and well-lit, and the tree right outside the window occasionally hosts birds and squirrels.

Across from the couch is my desk, home of my iBook and occasional host to the sewing machine. Note the calendar with the cute sheep. Eventually the bulletin board and some pictures are going to go up on the walls in here.

Next to the desk is my worktable. We had an extra dining table (the result of having two apartments for a while) and once I put it up on risers, it's the perfect height for cutting out fabric or, at present, storing yarn. Underneath it are my filing cabinet and fabric stash, and next to it, the yarn stash.

And for a better look at what's on that table... here we have: new purple-blue roving; Kromski 9" niddy noddy; burgundy-ish Trekking XXL; Sunshine Yarns Winterberry; blue KPPPM; purple-green KPPPM from Beth; Douceur et Soie; and a stack of books - Knitting Vintage Socks, Knitting on the Road, the latest IK, Sundays at Moosewood, and Barefoot in Paris (the last two are cookbooks). Two of the sock yarns are stuff I've had for a while, but I had to get it all out so I could decide which socks to make next. Thanks to Beth, Chris, and my parents for all the great stuff!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

That's a sweet setup you've got there! :-) I'm still scrounging random bits of closet space here and there... I'd *love* to have it all consolidated in one spot the way you do.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm so jealous! That spot by the radiator looks awfully cozy. Lucky you! Isn't it nice to have everything all freshly set up?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It looks very cozy and inviting!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home