Friday, January 13, 2006

Heel!

First, a big thank you to Margene for mentioning me on her blog! I've been checking out some of the other blogs she listed too; it's always nice to read new stuff.

See that? That Elfine sock? It's like crack, man. I couldn't stop knitting it yesterday. And right there you can see my very first short-row heel! It may not be perfect, but I'm going to wait until after I've done the other one to improve my technique, so they'll match in their imperfection.

And lest you think I've totally forgotten about Paloma, here's a new picture. This was all accomplished over the holidays; it's not a very portable project at the moment due to the many large balls of yarn involved. Also, the color pattern is on my computer. But now that I look at it I'm resolving to work on it more often, to take breaks from this addictive sock stuff and make myself a real sweater! I love the way the colors are turning out so far, despite all the cursing and untangling it requires.

Sandy asked about the Trekking yarn - it's #76, and is a purple-maroon-brown sort of mix, quite subtle. I love the colorway she's using for these Spey socks, and am trying to decide between Spey Valley or Dublin Bay for mine.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love the stitch pattern on your sock. Very cool. I'm familiar with socks that are so fun to knit you can barely stop... I wandered over via Margene's blog and am enjoying your stuff. :)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Katherine Of It All said...

Found your blog through Margene. I love those socks, gotta get a fix for meself.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Katherine Of It All said...

Okay, so where can I find that sock pattern for myself?

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught your website from Margene's reference this morning. I think I have missed something - what is the pattern source for your Elfin socks? I love them!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Elfine socks are by Anna Bell of
http://autoscopia.com/amelia/
and the pattern is available as a PDF at
http://autoscopia.com/amelia/assets/elfinesocks.pdf

:)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the link!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Look how neat your stranded knitting is! Very nice. :-) And your short-row heel looks great to me. I tried that once and it did not go well...

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home