Sunday, January 22, 2006

An assortment

Random things that have caught my attention this week:
  • Tales from Earthsea. I've read the other four books and was delighted to find this, and then the author mentions in the foreword that there's another book coming soon!
  • Draco and the Malfoys. To no one's surprise, they rock way harder than Harry and the Potters, and their lyrics are wicked funny.
  • Beaded wristwarmers. This is like some kind of knitting virus. I am seriously considering a trip to the bead store today.
  • Gardening. I predict that come spring, this blog may be less about knitting, and more about which plants I'm putting in next to the garden to draw off harmful bugs and other animals (catnip, parsley, dill, marigolds) and whether the front yard gets enough sun for poppies. By the way, the "You Grow Girl" book is terrific; it may look like an over-hyped hipster handbook but it's packed with excellent advice, particularly about organic and container gardening.
  • Dulaan. I started making a hat. It's just about impossible to see those pictures without needing to do something.

And now, I'm off to shovel the snow off the steps. This is the problem with a house that faces due north: that stuff is never going to melt, and I'm going to have to find some serious shade-loving plants to put on the porch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the tip about Tales of Earthsea!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home