Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Updates

I've been good about clearing out finished projects from the list in the sidebar, but not so good about posting new projects! So today I took lots of pictures, and you can see the updates over on the right. I'm making a pair of felted slippers from Lamb's Pride worsted (blue with silver trim), using the FiberTrends pattern. I started another pair of beaded wristlets in Plassard fingering-weight alpaca, with a star pattern in blue beads. I'm about to re-start the Conwy socks in Bearfoot yarn, but I don't have a picture yet. Do I have too many WIPs? You bet!

And I've been working on the Paloma sweater every day. I finished the colorwork, got the hang of stranding, and am now working the complicated 32-stitch lattice cable pattern. It rolls terribly so it's hard to photograph, but I'm hoping that a good solid blocking and sewing the front & back together will fix that eventually. I love the way the revised color pattern came out and I like watching the cable develop, though it's a little scary since I'm blindly following the pattern and hoping it actually works.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Paloma looks great. I'm getting up my courage to try a big fair isle project. I've really been dying to since I took my fair isle class.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

STAR wristwarmers... how perfect! I love it so far. And your stranding on Paloma is wonderful--not a pucker in sight. Beautiful work.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, that is quite a few WIPs! Are they all active?!

4:29 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey there Alex -- nice Paloma! And I love Amelie as well ... :)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home