Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Chocolate Day!

This is Peaches. She and I want to wish everyone a happy post-Valentine's Day, when all the chocolate goes on sale!

The box she's holding, though, came home with Oliver last night from the Belgian chocolate shop downtown. Its contents are disappearing rapidly! We had a nice quiet evening at home, punctuated by our inability to open a bottle of wine - I suspect that wine purchased in Oregon (Bridgeview Riesling, my favorite) experiences some sort of pressure thing when brought to 5000+ feet. My Swiss Army knife was not up to the challenge until I held the bottleneck under hot water for a minute. I think a trip to Peppercorn for a better corkscrew is in order. Conveniently, they also sell chocolate. How 'bout that?

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yum! I highly recommend a "screwpull lever" - but NOT the one at Peppercorn, which is $100!

World Market has one for $20 that is great - they're my favorite thing to give for wedding gifts.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

mmmmmmmmm, chocolate.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Erica.Hysterica said...

I saw the new Belgium chocolate store downtown yesterday. I didn't go in; kept on walking (but I'm still thinking about it.)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home