Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Socky

Just a quick little post... I finished the first Bearfoot sock last night thanks to the Handknitting Guild meeting, only to try it on and have the cast-off edge be too tight. Picked it back out on the bus this morning and have a #7 DPN in my bag to re-do it more loosely. Anne asked about the pattern; it's the 8-stitch basketweave rib from Sensational Knitted Socks, a terrific book which has also taught me much about the short-row heel.

It's miserable weather here today so I'm wearing my warm wool Elfine's Socks to work and it makes me cheerful!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I'm making those socks from the top down, in LL Black Purl. Such a great pattern.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

thanks for stopping by my blog -- you were absolutely right, the pattern I was using was stansfield #11 -- and I agree, SKS has to be one of the best sock books I've seen (definitely on par with Nancy Bush) - I like it so much I can't settle for borrowing it from my mother, I ordered my own copy! I feel your pain about the too-tight cast-off edge... I had that problem but I redid it using some special castoff method that I found here:
http://www.thedietdiary.com/blog/lucia/560 .. it isn't as pretty as normal castoff, but it's extremely stretchy!
good luck!

4:19 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I was so sad I couldn't make it to the BHKG!! Your socks are going to be great. Sounds like the Kool-aid party was fun, too. :)

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home