Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sleep-knitting

(I can't actually knit in my sleep yet.)

Work is taking up all of my brainpower this week so that by 6pm I'm usually capable of little more than staring into space and mumbling. Last night I was late to S&B, and when I sat down with my hot cider and my knitting bag, I realized that turning the heel on the Bearfoot sock was way beyond my capabilities at that point. So I worked on the gray fluff scarf (the pattern requires only the ability to count to 6) all evening, and it's amazing how much progress I made! I worked on it more on the bus this morning and it's starting to reach a length that could be considered a Scarf, rather than a somewhat stretched rectangle. I'm in the home stretch! Tonight, if all the programming doesn't melt my brain completely, I might try turning that heel, but if it goes badly, I'll just go back to the scarf.

I'd post pictures, but in the way of scarf-knitting, it looks pretty much the same as before, only longer.

If you're feeling too awake and sober for your own good, go play Amy's knit-blog drinking game. It'll do you good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home