Thursday, March 23, 2006

Misty Garden

I finished my Misty Garden scarf! Here you can see the scarf with its matching mittens, which I've been wearing for months now. The pattern is from Scarf Style, and the yarn is Cascade Bollicine Etoile, color #14, knit on #7 needles. The mittens are the same mohair but held with a strand of Stahl Limbo Color, knit on #5 needles so they're very dense. It took me far too long to finish this scarf, considering how easy the pattern is, but I'm glad it's finally done and I can wear it. Of course now I've guaranteed that we won't have cold weather again until November, but that would be okay too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica.Hysterica said...

I can't wait to see your scarf in person. It looks lovely.

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If knitting winter accessories is a way to guarantee the end of cold weather, I'm casting on for a heavy wool scarf immediately.

Those look really great and classic. I'm sure you'll get years of wear out of them, even if not much this year (the scarf, anyway -- sounds like the mittens have been well broken-in).

6:47 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Pretty pretty! And I'm sure you'll get a chance to wear it. Didn't you just have snow five minutes ago? ;-)

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home