Sunday, March 26, 2006

Busy

All sorts of things are going on over here! Saturday morning I went to the hardware store and bought gardening supplies, with which I came home and started the garden, seen here. OK, it doesn't look like much at the moment, but I promise that there are sunflower, rudbeckia, shasta daisy, zinnia, four o'clock, and columbine seeds in there, and if we're really lucky, in a few weeks they'll turn into seedlings, and then someday, rumor has it that temperatures will stay above freezing at night and I'll plant them in the yard. We'll see.

After all the planting, I made cookies, pruned the saplings in the back yard (with these, which rule), and cleaned off the back porch. And then? I knit. I knit at Borders all afternoon, and then at Jenifer's all evening. I met several new people, all super-cool, and generally had a really good time.

When I started writing this post last night, I was dissatisfied with all of my knitting: everything seemed to need finishing, or ripping, or something. I'm happy to report that it's all better today. I seamed the first blue-star cuff and started its twin. The Bearfoot sock had somehow ended up with one fewer pattern repeat on the leg than the first sock, so I ripped it back to the ankle and re-knit, and I feel good about it. I even knit several rows on the Bonny sweater, and after much pattern insecurity and measuring, I think it's going to be okay. All of my mindless knitting is back to being mindless and is ready to take on the bus tomorrow. Whew!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the feeling of your knitting not being where you want it to be. Sometimes it does just take a day of putting your nose to the grindstone, I guess. Glad to hear you're back on track!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice to meet you, too :-) I feel special, making the super cool list :-)

11:19 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Alex, it was great seeing you Saturday! Can't wait to hear about your spinning class ...

4:36 PM  
Blogger lesley said...

good luck with the seedlings. just a heads up though we never plat outside til mothersday or later cause it keeps on freezing. i'd hate for you to lose your new babies!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home