Friday, March 24, 2006

Resolved

I've been all about Finishing Things lately. I think the Knitting Olympics project was good for me; I finished an entire garment in a ridiculously short time, so now I know that I can actually finish a lot of those things I have just lying around the craft room. Also, see the ever-growing list of things I want to make, over in the sidebar, and I can't start any of them with so many unfinished projects. So! I finished the scarf (and wore it again today). I'm nearly done with the Bearfoot socks; probably another few hours should do it. Then I'll whip up another blue-star beaded cuff and have a pair, and then I'm going to be really, really good and work on the North Sea shawl all the time. I love the pattern, it's just a lot of knitting. And somewhere in there, I'll sit on the couch and mutter pattern directions to myself while working on the Paloma sweater.

Once all that's done maybe I'll admit to having knit about 6 rows of this insanely complicated and totally impractical pale blue lace thing. (The lower edge is knit sideways, so six rows is not much.) And I'll start that summery cotton cardigan that I actually need, but it will not be one of those beautiful Rowan patterns on #2 needles because that would not go well. And then I'll have a nice cup of tea and lie down for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

OMG, that totally impractical pale blue lace thing is INCREDIBLE! Do that, do that! (so I can watch from the sidelines and cheer you on)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had the exact post-Olympic reaction. I think I'm addicted to finishing things now! I'm even forcing myself to finish a few things I've completely lost interest in just for the sake of clearing off the needles. It's rather refreshing. :)

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home