Friday, April 14, 2006

I think I may have a problem

This is what I brought home from spinning class last night:

A double-treadle classic Lendrum wheel. And a fair bit of spun singles from hand-carded fleece.

This is what happened after I got home from class.

I used some prepared Corriedale roving I'd bought at the store, since I wanted to practice spinning, not carding. I'll work on my carding over the weekend and spin up more of it. Maggie (our teacher) was right; hand-carded rolags are easier to spin than commercially prepared fiber, but it was nice to have some stuff to practice on.

I spun for another ten minutes this morning before I left for work. I had to tear myself away. If it weren't for the time required to card all that fleece, I'd be worried about running out of fiber by the end of the weekend. I love it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Problem? What problem? I don't see anything indicative of a problem. :-)

What I *do* see is real actual yarn that you made all by yourself! On a wheel! Fantastic! ;-)

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Problem? You understand how it is sometimes hard to go to the library when I'm into a quilt!

12:06 PM  
Blogger emily said...

yeh... i fear i would be just like you if i took that class. I'd have to put in a time-request for the day after class to stay home and spin... yep, i think i should stay away ;)

too much fiber, not enough time!

1:25 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Oh, man! I can't wait to take that class! Have fun this weekend!

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's only a problem if you can't stop any time you want to. You can stop. Sure.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Marsha said...

You should seek out your local 'SAA' if it gets to be a serious problem. Of course that's assuming that someone has actually stopped spinning long enough to form a 'Spinners Anon Assoc'...lol Good Luck and have fun!! Can't wait to see the finished work, I've never tried spinning myself but I sure don't need another addictive hobby ( at this time :o) )

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, neat.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home