Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blue and green

The second pair of wristwarmers is finished! Of course, it's too warm to wear them now, but they're so cute, and who knows, we could have another snowstorm next week. (I'd rather we didn't, though.) Yarn: Plassard Alpaga. Needles: US #1, just a couple of DPNs I wasn't using for socks. Beads: some blue ones I found at the bead store. Pattern: basic structure from the Jan/Feb issue of PieceWork magazine, star pattern found here. Super-easy, very fast, lots of fun. I'm definitely making more of these, though I might go to the bead store for more sparkly beads first.

And while you weren't looking, I've been working on Bonny! I'm all the way up to the raglan shaping in the back, and it's been going amazingly quickly. I'm a faster knitter than I used to be, and it's mostly just stockinette so it's good for taking to s&b events or knitting while watching absorbing TV.

Remember this? Dirt, seeds, no green stuff? Yeah, they're taking over the world now. The sunflowers and four o'clocks are particularly vigorous, and two columbines finally came up a few days ago, after many weeks' wait. I'm hoping the allergies will slack off enough to let me start the real outdoor garden this weekend, possibly starting with some lettuce and herbs. That is, if I'm not totally preoccupied with the spinning wheel I get to take home from class tonight...

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

Life sure looks good in CO today! I love all your adorable little plantlings. :-)

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband just got into Dr. Who too. I have been doing quite a bit of knitting with that on in the background lately.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home