Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New ideas

I realized not long after I posted about the happy pastel socks that just a few weeks ago I was filled with project-finishing resolve. Oops. But it would be too cruel to keep working exclusively on dark winter projects when the daffodils are blooming, wouldn't it?

I have actually been working on the wristlets, and should be able to finish the second one in the next day or so. The sock toes are both done and I'm wrestling with the two-socks-on-one-circ technique. Wrestling is really the appropriate word, since it takes me a bit of shoving and yanking to get everything lined up properly. I think they'll be cute socks, though.

And I've been mulling over yet another project, a big one... I think I need a lightweight cardigan. For summer, you know, something nicer than the Old Navy hoodie I usually keep on hand to combat excessive air-conditioning. I was poking around various websites looking for a pattern, and then realized, duh, I already have several cardigans on my "to make someday" list. I love the Mariah and Bristow patterns, but they seem like they'd be better in wool, and they look like they might take a while. Which leads me to... Eris. It's gorgeous, and after the tricky cable neckline it should go pretty fast, right? I'm thinking maybe Cotton Fleece is the right yarn, but I'm not sure, and of course there's the problem of color... maybe I'll branch out from my blue, blue, blue habits and use something extravagant like pink.

Warning: all of these knitting thoughts may go straight out the window after tomorrow's spinning class!

6 Comments:

Blogger quantumtea said...

I love the Eris patern. I finally got the call, my first ever spinning class is in 10 days time!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Ayup. You need a pink cardigan, all right. I can see you in a gorgeous Rowan-y fine-gauge ballet-wrap cardigan with three-quarter sleeves. Oooo!

But Eris is pretty nifty too. ;-)

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun spinning!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eris really is a gorgeous pattern. You'd spend all summer seeking out over-air-conditioned spots just so you could wear it!

7:22 AM  
Blogger amy! said...

And my first thought was "After spinning class? Because you'll want to knit a seat cover or sports wear?"

Yeah, I should stop going to the gym.

1:47 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Should you go for Eris, did you know there's a knitalong? It's a yahoo group ... I'd love to do Eris some day, but I'd have to finish up my 1/2-done Rogue first. :) Hope you had a good spinning class!!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home