Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Lots of good stuff

Here it is: yarn, spun by me! The white is all Corriedale-cross fleece (except for that stripe of blue merino, an experiment), and the green is the Ashland Bay merino-silk I blogged about before; so it's now a two-ply yarn from both wheel- and spindle-spun singles. It's gorgeous and soft and subtly colored. I'm having ambitious thoughts about spinning a whole lot of merino-silk, possibly in this color but maybe in something different, and turning it into the Diamond Fantasy Shawl. It'd take a while, but wouldn't it look great?

It might be too ambitious to be my Amazing Lace project, though. I'm really looking forward to this knitalong; I'll probably make the fluffy blue thing, but I confess I've been thinking about making a Birch. I'm stalled because my LYS doesn't sell Kidsilk Haze, and I can't decide on a color based only on internet pictures. Expect to see a KSH purchase after my next yarn-hunting expedition.

I have been knitting, in the midst of the wedding and travel and all, and the Bonny sweater has a finished back and almost an entire front and now I'm worrying about having enough yarn for the sleeves. Pictures forthcoming eventually, I swear.

And the last on my list of happy things: the California poppy seeds I planted in the yard last week have sprouted! I'm hoping for lots of lovely orange flowers in a few more weeks.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

You spun all that yarn? Holy cow!

Birch is an awesome project, but very tiring. I took mine out last night and knit only a row and a half on it. I'm going to love it when it's done, but it really requires a lot of stamina. Especially at the beginning!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Once you've chosen your color for the KSH, take a look at Jannette's Rare Yarns on eBay. She sells it for as little as $10.50 per ball, with free shipping.

I've ordered (too many) things from her, and the service is always fantastic.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birch is awful pretty...I'd be sore pressed to pass up that temptation.

Your yarn is lovely! Congratulations!

12:14 PM  
Blogger emily said...

ooh.. i like the Amazing Lace idea. maybe i'll join. the birch shawl is beautiful, but my goodness... the pattern!

humm, i'll have to think about what lace i might want to do.

thanks for the idea!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I've never seen an ugly color of KSH.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am sort of hoping you make the fluffy blue thing, because I think that's a gorgeous pattern, but of course birch is wonderful too.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home