Saturday, May 06, 2006

Swag

Today was our last spinning class, and rather than doing any spinning, we had an all-day dye workshop. I'm so overwhelmed from all the information and color (and not sleeping enough last night) that I can't do it justice in this post, but that's OK, I'll save it for when my dyed skeins are dry so I can take nice pictures of them. I did, however, take advantage of the 10% class discount at the store, and picked up 2oz. each of these gorgeous Ashland Bay combed tops - that's their new spring pastel line of multicolor merino (seen here; I think this is Snapdragon and Strawberry Swirl) and some yummy grape purple merino/tussah.

The book is A Dyer's Garden by Rita Buchanan, and given that it combines gardening and yarn and is full of lovely pictures of plants, how could I possibly resist?

Check back tomorrow, when hopefully my twelve skeins and the big pile of fleece will all be dry and ready for prime-time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home