Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Random Wednesday!

I was thinking this morning that I'd like to make the Lotus Blossom Tank, sooner rather than later, so I can wear it this summer. I looked at the yarn requirements, and has anyone else noticed that the sizes go straight from 33.5" to 39"? Given that my size (which is really quite average) is right in the middle of that range, and that 3" of ease is a little much for a cute summer top, I think a redesign is called for. Or else maybe I should just find a different pattern. I already have two Chickamis and I need something new.

I've been spinning purple silk nonstop for several days and it's looking fantastic. Soon I'll ply some up and put fresh batteries in the camera so you can all see it!

S&B at the coffeeshop tonight, after a stop at the farmer's market on the way home. It's 80 and sunny outside. Yay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I noticed the same thing with the sizing of that top. It seems strange that there is no in between option. I think I might be able to get away with the 33.5" size but it's a worry. Of course, I don't even have the yarn for it yet so it's a distant worry.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed that -- that's ridiculous! I feel as though a magazine like IK should have stricter standards than that and not allow that kind of oversight.

I hope your rewrite goes well, because it is a really cute tank.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home