Saturday, May 13, 2006

Waiting...

I know you're all anxiously waiting to hear - did I buy a wheel today? Nope. Surprise! But only because the store had just sold the last Lendrum to one of my classmates. Oops. Fortunately, there's an order in for several more, which should be arriving Any Day Now, and my name is on the list so they'll call me as soon as mine arrives. For now, Maggie was good enough to let me borrow the same wheel I'd been using, so I can get my spinning fix. Still, I'm looking forward to having my very own gear.

I did pick up the latest IK at the store. (And I bought the rest of the purple merino-silk.) Lots of good patterns, as everyone has been saying, and some that I like enough to want to make. Namely, the Lotus Blossom Tank, the Icarus Shawl, possibly the Evening Star Top, and the Little Arrowhead Shawl.

I had a fabulous time at Emily's yarn-swap party this morning (thank you Emily!!!). It was great to see everyone and it was somehow easier to talk to everyone than it is at the coffeeshop, possibly because there weren't a lot of other random people in a large echoing space! I was happy that some merino I'd been stashing for years found a new home, and I came home with: one skein of very pink No No Kitty cotton/rayon yarn, one ball of black/green laceweight alpaca (I think it's Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud in Midnight), and a copy of The Green Mountain Spinnery Knitting Book. Good stuff.

And now, I think it's time to get back to spinning up the dyed blue fluff!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't the new IK great? Especially compared to what I thought were two relatively low-yield issues in the winter and spring. It's hard to know what to make first!

I hope you get your wheel soon!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home