Saturday, June 03, 2006

Accomplished

First, an announcement: CONGRATULATIONS to Erica, who is getting married today!

And now, we have: one sock, finished!

Yes, it's rather different from the pattern: 12 rounds of ribbing instead of 18, four extra purl stitches to make up for knitting it all on #1s rather than 2s (except for the cuff), one fewer pattern repeat in the leg, one-half fewer repeats in the foot, and a slip-stitch heel. Whew. But now the ends are all woven in and it fits nicely, so I can cast on for the second just as soon as I go buy more reinforcing thread. (I suppose I should change out of my pajamas first.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

That sock? Is gorgeous.

WOW.

2:07 PM  
Blogger lesley said...

lovely sock i can't wait to finish one...4 on needles right now. sheesh!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home